"The joy of motherhood comes in moments. Live in the moment."

~M. Russell Ballard

Monday, March 16, 2009

TTTTTIIIIIIIIMMMMMBBBEEERRRR!!!!


We had an adventure this weekend. Thanks to some fabulous help from our kind neighbors and family, we were able to cut down one of our big trees. Grandpa H. was all prepared to climb up the tree with his equipment, but a good neighbor loaned us his bucket truck to make things easier. So after hooking a cable up in the tree with the truck, Grandpa cut through each trunk enough to weaken the tree and then the truck finished pulling it down. I was kind of sad to see it go, but I'm glad it's gone. It was tearing up the sidewalk, the neighbors' lawn, and I worried about it falling on the boys' bedrooms in a windstorm. Thank-you everyone for all the help!!!


Can you imagine what fun they had?


My hubby's first time using a chain saw. Such a manly man! Now guess who wants to own his own chainsaw?


This brought back childhood memories of cutting wood as a family. Thanks for the great memories, Dad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that tree was huge! What I wouldn't give for a big tree in my yard! (that's one of the things I miss most about our old house -trees!) I'm taller than the ones we planted 2 years ago! But yeah, I think I would have been afraid of it falling on my house too - I'm paranoid like that.

Tracy Giles said...

What fun!! I bet the boys loved it! That is a pretty big tree :)

Wes Harris said...

Good times indeed. That was one heck of a workout. What kind of tree was that? Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, they were just a rectangle hemmed around all the edges and gathered at the top. Way simpler than they look! I started with a yard, but cut about 8-10" off to make the logos.