"The joy of motherhood comes in moments. Live in the moment."

~M. Russell Ballard

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Priesthood blessings

My three boys are sick and have been for a couple of days. Nothing really serious, just a bad cold. All three seem to have the same thing but are affected differently. One is up and about with an extremely snotty nose, the second has a respiratory rate of about 42 breaths per minute when the average for his age is 20-30 times per minute. We worry about him getting enough oxygen. Despite this he seems to want to be up. We have to keep him from exerting himself or he starts into a coughing spell. The third is the worst. He has a low grade fever, doesn't really want to eat and just wants to lay around all day and watch movies. I am grateful for cough drops, medicine and most of all priesthood blessings. One was given a blessing last night and already seems to be doing better. The second just got one from dad and the neighbor. I love to see their faith develop as they see the priesthood work in their lives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true, I take it for granted so much! Hope you all survive the colds, theres nothing worse than all being sick and cooped up.

Tracy Giles said...

Well said! A priesthood blessing makes all the difference! Hope the boys are better soon.

Wes Harris said...

Poor little Booey Woos

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that we love thomas the train at our house, thank goodness people sell them used because we like the wood ones and they are too dang expensive! I've decided they are staying in the family forever and maybe one day Logan's boys will play with them! :)

Robbie & Jamie Burnham Family said...

How blessed we are to have such an amazing power on the earth today! So, I guess it's the Dr. office nurse in me, but I have to ask - do your boys have asthma? Just seems like colds can make it so much worse, and we've been seeing a lot of that right now.