You could let the kids make supper for a change. Given the right ingredients, these two whipped up some mean enchiladas. I thought I was being sneaky--you see, they don't like enchiladas. I thought if they personally made them, and saw all the ingredients, they might coincidentally forget their dislike and eat them for a change. Alas, it was not to be . . .
Of course, if you have leaves, you must rake them up and jump in! Burying each other is not a bad route, either. 
We must all practice, practice, practice. This guy could use a little brush-up on his tricycle technique. He is pretty good at going backwards.

Lunch comes around every day. Once in a while we do something to break the monotony of PB sandwiches, ramen noodles, mac and cheese, hot dogs, etc . . . On this particular occasion we made homemade, whole wheat, little boy designed scones. We don't have very many cookie cutters, so we raided our play dough bag. Ever had a turtle shaped scone? Delicious!
If you get really bored, you could build a hut with some large cardboard boxes and decorate it with Christmas lights, 2 doors with beaded doorknobs, a mailbox, a chimney, a slide coming out one side, and various windows. And when that is not enough, spend the next couple of days creating construction paper flowers to stick in the roof for your own rooftop flower garden. (Sorry, don't have a picture of the flower garden.)
Or invite the neighbors over for a little quality paper cutting, train driving time . . . We happened to be babysitting one of the little boys and the other came over for some fun, too.
We happen to have some wood scraps that the boys decided to use as building tools. Check out what they made. 
Hope you enjoyed a peek into some of our activities. What are some of yours?
6 comments:
Wow, you just gave me some great ideas for Lily. Thanks! Your boys get cuter and cuter everyday!
You guys have been sooo busy, Nancy! And with fun things!!! I'm glad that you are having such a great time with your kids--and they're so creative and imaginative! I LOVE it!
Your cardboard house looks and sounds amazing! You are a great Mom - I need to start being creative again with my children. Pregnancy has kind of slowed me down. Then again raising 3 kids might do the same thing to me. :) You're very impressive!!!
Can't wait to see you guys over Thanksgiving!
Fun to see how creative you are with the boys! You are always doing great things with them. Busy busy busy huh? As I read the captions and looked at the pictures I truly realized, again, how tiring and how much work it is!
Super fun entry! Glad you found the Bees!
Tara
Awesome work! I can't wait until Libby is big enough to appreciate some of those activities!
I had no idea you have a blog! I loved looking over your entries and seeing your beautiful family. I love you all so much. I may have to call you for ideas when my own little ones start coming. I'll keep my eye on this blog now that I know it exists. Love you!
Post a Comment